The trading banks in New Zealand have announced that they are going to cease
to accept and process cheques for payments a little later this year. In light of the
banks’ changes to their systems, from 1 June 2021 the Society can no longer accept cheques.
This will mean that anyone who has been accustomed to making payments by
cheque to the Society will no longer be able to do so after 1 June 2021.
Options available in paying any money to the Society, whether for
subscriptions, purchases, donations, or for any other reason after 1 June are:
- To use internet or on-line transfer from your own account to the Society’s
account, No. 02-0500-0019277-00. We prefer this option, as it is flexible and
convenient for the majority of members.
- To use your credit card or the PayPal system. Note: under these systems the
Society has to pay a fee for each transaction made thus.
- To arrange a transfer to the Society’s account from either your bank account
or by cash payment over the counter at your nearest branch of your bank.
Payment Options for those Living Outside New Zealand:
- Options 1 and 2 above are available, i.e, electronic transfer of funds or use of
your credit card. For you to pay direct into our NZ bank account, you will have to
add the SWIFT BIC code for the Bank of New Zealand, BKNZNZ22. This has to be used
whenever funds are sent from overseas to BNZ bank accounts for the transaction to
find the right bank and account.
- Your own bank will be able to make a telegraphic transfer of funds for your
payments. There is likely to be a charge for this service.
- Members who pay into our English bank account will still be able to do so
using local procedures. Note: Overseas cheques will not be able to be processed in
For electronic payments:
In all cases you will need to state your name, membership number (where applicable) , and the purpose of the payment, i.e,
– subscription payment;
– purchase of stated goods, eg, a specific book;
– donations for your specified Society activity; or
– for any other purpose.
If you have problems making your payment by these means, please contact our
administration officer, Bill McGavin at email@example.com or phone him at
029 460 1187 (International callers, 0064 29 460 1187.)